Fits Classic Porsche® 911s from 1970 to 1998
- 1970 is when Porsche began using a ribbed rubber boot collar to hold instruments in the instrument housing panel
- In 1989, 911s in the US began to be equipped with a passenger side airbag.
- For these classics, one of the upper lid cover attachment bolts is an anchoring point for the support arm brace.
- From 1970-1988, 911s had no passenger-side airbag
- The support arm brace fastens with 3M® Dual Lock™ tape
- There’s some uncertainty as to the specific demarcation date when all vehicles were equipped with a passenger-side airbag and associated lid cover.
- For US cars, it was 1989
- For German cars, it was 1991
- For ROW cars, 1991 may also be the date
- There may have been some phasing-in of passenger side airbags --- so it’s important to check your car as to whether it has a passenger-side airbag and lid cover bolt --- BEFORE ordering your PCAR MOUNTS Bracket System ---- don’t just rely on the 1989 model year demarcation date.
Please review the Product Details document on the Products Page for product selection guidance